The Sci-fi/fantasy weapon design shootout

The Sci-fi/fantasy weapon design shootout within the The Lounge forums, part of the Community category at Fictionpost Writing Forums - Where Writers Unite; Hey all, this was an idea that I had a while ago. What if you could design your own fictional weapon, limited only by your imagination (physics may not apply!)? Would it be fantastical, like a glowing double-edged sword, a ...(design, scifi or fantasy, shootout, weapon)

Plastic Box Speakers dartman the great's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Sci-fi/fantasy weapon design shootout

Hey all, this was an idea that I had a while ago.

What if you could design your own fictional weapon, limited only by your imagination (physics may not apply!)? Would it be fantastical, like a glowing double-edged sword, a magical staff, or a sleek and menacing laser rifle? You choose.

This was basically my idea to explore what makes fantasy and sci-fi different, as well as (obviously) comparing people's personalities - (I don't want to become a snob or an annoyance).

Anyway, here's some basic details you might want to add (if you could follow the template below, that would be great.)

Good luck!

Weapon name: The name of your fictional weapon.

Designed for: What is your weapon designed to protect its fictional user against? (examples include vampires, werewolves, robots etc)

Physics enabled: Does this weapon conform to the bog-standard laws of physics, or does it break them? If it breaks physical laws, how? (examples include magic, anti-gravity, force fields etc).

Weapon details: This includes things like the detail on the weapon, including inscriptions, scopes, buttons, lights, ammuntion magazine slots, glow effects, materials and colour.

Special feature: If your weapon does something unusual, post here. This is the best place to let your imagination speak its mind.

Bene consulendo

Legen - wait for it - Melisende's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: The Sci-fi/fantasy weapon design shootout

As someone who doodles awesome magic weapons on the backs of my notes, I am SO for this.

*wonders what a Lizzy-aligned magic weapon would be*

.... probably something with padded edges or I'd trip and kill myself.
    Fictionpost June 2013 Writing Competition Winner: The Ship's Cat by SilverDolphin.
    Fictionpost July 2013 Poetry Competition Winner: The Jungle by mellen.
    Fictionpost August 2013 Writing Competition Winner: Grandpa's Grand Piano by Rose LaFlesh
    Fictionpost September 2013 Poetry Competition Winner: The Wondrous Scarr Street Scam by LadyOfTheSea
    Fictionpost October 2013 Writing Competition Winner: A Walk Down Memory Lane by Necherous

https://sites.google.com/site/captaintempleton/home
    elizabethpriest.co.uk
    http://www.ilovemel.me/
    '
    - dary!

Sweet! I have some I made a while back, but I'll have to go dig it up. This is a cool idea though.

Blog Entries

Yeah, not gonna participate in this one. I prefer the good old-fashioned baseball bat. But I'm interested in what others will come up with. Just don't let Poof see this thread.

Someone already invented my dream weapon

Man... way to go ruin the coolness of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Derialstrazus View Post
    Man... way to go ruin the coolness of this thread.
    How is that not cool?

I'm going with jinseng here. The crowbar is awesome.
    Whatever you do, don't think of the children.
    They can hear your thoughts.

Because it's funny, and hence makes anything I come up with now look retardedly serious.

Plastic Box Speakers dartman the great's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Weapon name: R-COM ALR (Advanced Logistical Rifle)

Designed for: Special operations, scouting through forested areas, and killing unknown and or supernatural threats, such as werewolves.

Physics enabled: Yes.

Weapon details: Has the length, width, and height of a standard assault rifle, but is constructed entirely of carbon fibre, titanium and magnesium alloy for strength and lightness.

The gun fires a standard 7.22mm cartridge, and is joined at the barrel by a powerful xenon light for scouting, as well as a gauss-powered silver bullet launcher, which can fire out 9mm bullets of silver at 800mph through the use of electromagnets.

Special feature: This weapon utilises a special heads-up display system that uses 3D technology to display ammunition remaining, as well as targets nearby (if fitted with a heartbeat sensor kit).

Called PIXELON, the system generates 3D mesh based images by using a set of micro-LED's on the gun, and another set on the scope mount.

Bene consulendo

Novice

Name: The Thud Gun

Designed For: Personalized weapon designed by a weapon tech for his unofficial captain, designed to do more damage against armor by creating a concussive "punch" using soft metal slugs instead of penetrating bullets.

Physics Enabled: Yes, though the laws are slightly dampened. The weapon is propelled about fast enough to knock a well trained soldier in Mjolnir II armor backwards a few steps.

Weapon Details: It is about the length of a Kel-Tech Sub 2000 carbine. (see here: SHOOTING WHILE PEPPER SPRAYED - YouTube) It is made of parts of different weapons that have been smelted or modified in some way. It is about 10 pounds when fully loaded. Uses a revolver mechanism to load the slugs.

Uses compressed gases to propel a two inch thick slug made of soft metals (i.e. copper, bronze, ect.) to create a "punch" by having the metal compress and transfer the energy to the target hit.

Special features: Several types of modifications can be made, such as using a higher pressure of gas at the increase of chance to backfire, use missile shaped slugs to pierce armored vehicles, and can even fire specially designed impact grenades. Also can be given a belt fed revolver cylinder to increase ammunition capacity and rate of fire.

Blog Entries

This thread has been dead a long time. Please do not wake up the sleeping!

Many thanks
    - Necherous -
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
    The true nature of a man is determined in the battle between his conscious mind and his subconscious.
    The evil in my subconscious is too strong to resist.
    The only way to win is deny it battle.

Thread Information