View Poll Results: Do you think the growth of technology effects the indolence of future generations?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do

7 77.78%
  • No, I don't

2 22.22%
  • Technology has no relation in the matter

0 0%
  • I don't know

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Technology and the effect it has on this generation

Technology and the effect it has on this generation within the The Lounge forums, part of the Community category at Fictionpost Writing Forums - Where Writers Unite; Yeah, I know. Another frickin poll. Althought, this is a much more debatable topic. Do you think that the growth of technology only has negative effects on future generations? I, for one, think that technology is solely the reason why ...(effect, generation, technology)

Technology and the effect it has on this generation

Yeah, I know. Another frickin poll.

Althought, this is a much more debatable topic.

Do you think that the growth of technology only has negative effects on future generations? I, for one, think that technology is solely the reason why this generation is so damn indolent!

The fact that future gens grow lazier is widely accepted. Although, what causes that? The 21st century is definitely a peak in technological history. Thus, I think that is why kids nowadays are so lazy.

How does technology effect us?
    1. Computers/internet; Millions of kids spend hours everyday on the internet. Now, practically every household has a computer
    2. Television; TV revolutionized entertainment. Now, every household also has a television

And I'm sure there are more.

This just came to me. So, I thought I'd share...
    "Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine out of ten people couldn't start a conversation."
    ----------Kin Hubbard

On the No Fly List OfficerToast's Avatar

Re: Technology and the effect it has on this generation

Oh there are thousands more. Cars, airplanes, that STUPID Segue thing! Of course this generation is lazier, they're fatter too...

Legen - wait for it - Melisende's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And the being fatter also comes from fast food and the fact that a lot of people are too lazy or busy to cook these days so they buy crappy meals.

Technology has got to the point where you can buy eraser pens that make the rubbing out motion for you, to save energy on your half, and there are gadgets and things to make everything a million times easier for you, so even the things which could be counted as simple exercise have been cancelled out.
    Last edited by Melisende; 11-04-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    Fictionpost June 2013 Writing Competition Winner: The Ship's Cat by SilverDolphin.
    Fictionpost July 2013 Poetry Competition Winner: The Jungle by mellen.
    Fictionpost August 2013 Writing Competition Winner: Grandpa's Grand Piano by Rose LaFlesh
    Fictionpost September 2013 Poetry Competition Winner: The Wondrous Scarr Street Scam by LadyOfTheSea
    Fictionpost October 2013 Writing Competition Winner: A Walk Down Memory Lane by Necherous

https://sites.google.com/site/captaintempleton/home
    elizabethpriest.co.uk
    http://www.ilovemel.me/
    '
    - dary!

Emergency Yeast Officer BlackJack's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*exercise

Welcome to the 21st century.

If you know now what you will know then, then now IS then, and there is no now, and there will be no then.

Then I saw on a white space that was left/A blessing written older than the rest/Leave me here, I care not for wealth or fame/I'll remember your song, but I'll forget your name.
    Lucky are you, who finds me in the wilderness/I am the only unquiet ghost that does not seek rest.

Tales of the Wyrd

Blog Entries

I knew there was a C in there somewhere...

Just think, we're some of the last people born in the 20th century...
    Fictionpost June 2013 Writing Competition Winner: The Ship's Cat by SilverDolphin.
    Fictionpost August 2013 Writing Competition Winner: Grandpa's Grand Piano by Rose LaFlesh
    Fictionpost September 2013 Poetry Competition Winner: The Wondrous Scarr Street Scam by LadyOfTheSea
    Fictionpost October 2013 Writing Competition Winner: A Walk Down Memory Lane by Necherous

elizabethpriest.co.uk
    '
    - dary!

Blog Entries

Well my history class at school was one of the last classes in which the whole class was born within the period of history we were learning about. (We did the Cold War, right up to the fall of the Berlin Wall... Which would have been right around the time you were born.)

If you know now what you will know then, then now IS then, and there is no now, and there will be no then.

Then I saw on a white space that was left/A blessing written older than the rest/Leave me here, I care not for wealth or fame/I'll remember your song, but I'll forget your name.
    Lucky are you, who finds me in the wilderness/I am the only unquiet ghost that does not seek rest.

Tales of the Wyrd

Blog Entries

Yeah, I think I was only a few weeks or maybe a month old at most when it fell. And I'm one of the oldest in my year.

elizabethpriest.co.uk
    '
    - dary!

My friend was saying something about that when she came over here. It was on TV.

I think basically it was the fact that there are four generations in this world: Traditionalists, Baby Boomers, x-generation and the y-generation.

In general
    Traditionalists are the 60+s and they oppose change
    Baby Boomers are 45-60s and they take change but prefer things to stay as they are
    X-generation are 25-35 the ones who need change eg don't like office cubicles.
    Y-generation (as in Y2K) are the 0-25 year olds and are used to change - eg once you buy a piece of technology it's outdated.

I know it has some relevance to what we're talking about. I hope it make sense...
    A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.

Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

I'm waiting for the machine that do my breathing and chewing for me. I can't be bothered with such tedious things!

You can get an iron lung and a blender.

True. But then I have to push buttons.
    I think our society's emphasis on wealth and having things affects how we view technology too. A "Oh, do you have the latest so-and-so?" sort of thing.

Yeah, and I never have the so-and-so they're talking about, so I am perpetually uncool.

I think you're cool: you're a member of FP!
    A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts it will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.

Well, when everyone with all that money to blow on technology gets brain tumors from using their cell phones, I can point and laugh at them.

Did any read my little paragraph on technology?

Blog Entries

Yes, yes, very clever. Stop distracting me, guys! I was trying to write more story....

Tales of the Wyrd

*raises hand* I read Phosie's paragraph.

Yay

Sorry..sometime's I'm not big on the self-confidance thing...

Blog Entries

I read it! And it sounds true from my experience of people as well.

elizabethpriest.co.uk
    '
    - dary!

Blog Entries

*confidence

Tales of the Wyrd

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread Information